Saturday, March 17, 2012

FNSI Recap



Well, I had a very successful Friday Night Sew In! I FINISHED Hubby's quilt...it has taken almost a year to get the whole thing done. Here is a picture of the entire quilt:

It is a pattern I found in an Irish Quilting magazine. The pattern is called Fields of Green. Then the boarder I actually found at Cabin Quilter's blog. She puts up a desktop calendar every month with a picture of a beautiful quilt to go with the season. Last year in March she had a gorgeous Irish knot quilt that I was amazed by. She was kind enough to pass the pattern on to me and I used it for the boarder on this quilt. Here is a close up of the boarder:
Originally I had wanted to put the boarder all the way around, however, it was taking an extraordinary amount of time to complete each block. It is paper pieced and was quite tedious. So after getting the top and bottom put on, I consulted with my wonderful husband, and he told me he liked it just the way it was and I didn't have to go all the way around! :) So after staying up until 3:10 am! it is now completed!!! :) I am very proud of the work and am quite happy with how it turned out. All in all a very productive FNSI!

6 comments:

  1. I love how your quilt turned out. Great job. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! It looks fabulous. I bet you just want to sit back and admire it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the quilt Stephanie and nice updates on the blog site. Love ya, M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the sweet comments! I am so proud of how it turned out and glad that others think it is nice as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific! And what a perfect time to finish it up: St. Patrick's Day. :)
    Congrats on a job very nicely done. Aunt Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous JOB! I love the border! and It looks great just on the top and bottom edge... Thanks for sharing.. I am sure your husband is going to love it for Years to come!

    ReplyDelete