Sunday, June 3, 2012


Well, the school year has officially ended for our district, which means I can finally enjoy some much needed down time...translation: I get to quilt again!!! :) I have been working on a baby quilt for a very dear friend, the sister of my heart, for a couple of months now. The pattern is from Fresh Lemons Quilts and it is called Lemon Squares. I loved the pattern, and how it showcased the fabrics! I am not going to post pictures just yet, as my friend has not yet seen the fabric and even though she has assured my she will stay clear of my blog until after the baby shower, I don't want to take any chances at her not being surprised! :) I finished the quilt top today and will be starting to sandwich it all together very soon. I am also catching up on my May block for the Wonky BOM group that I am in. It is appliqué which I am coming to love! Although I have to admit, I think the reason I love it, is because I discovered how to cheat and use the machine along with heat and bond to appliqué the fabric. hehehe :) I am just not patient enough for hand appliqué.  I will post pictures of that very soon, the fabric is beautiful and the pattern is SO FUN!!! I am continuing to practice my free motion quilting, and am getting better, but not quite comfortable enough to use it on a quilt yet and risk having to rip it all out if it doesn't look quite right! The seam ripper is definitely my arch nemesis!  Well, off to start dinner and enjoy the evening. 
Happy Quilting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment